Children’s obesity is harmful
Resolutely not to be "little fat pier"
Is your baby a "little fat pier"?The baby is very cute, but is the fat really healthy?Some parents will definitely say, "My baby is strong, isn’t it fat!"
Please note that strong and fat are obviously different.A strong child is full of vitality, strong exercise ability, agile, coordinated, and fast response.The obese children generally lack vitality, poor exercise ability, slow movement, poor physical coordination, and lack of self -confidence.
So how to define children’s obesity?What are the dangers of children’s obesity?How should children obese?
How to judge whether children are obesity?
1. Physical Index (BMI) method
Physical Index (BMI) is the preferred indicator of overweight and obesity recommended by the international community (≥ 2 years old), BMI = weight (KG) ÷ square square (M2).The BMI of the child at each age is different: at the age of 1, the BMI value is the highest, and then began to decline. By the age of 6 to 7 years old, a rebound began to converge. Since then, it has gradually increased to the level close to adults.In the 2-5-year-old child, the 2-5-year-old child is overweight and obese BMI screening in the "growth curve of the growth curve of Chinese and adolescent block indexes in China 0-18 years old and adolescents."Ultra-weight and obesity screening "(WS/T 586-2018) boundary value points.
2. Long weight evaluation method
Age +1), greater than 2 standard deviations is obesity (Z score> +2).
3. Waist circumference evaluation method
The waist circumference is a simple indicator for assessing the accumulation of fat in the abdomen.The waist circumference value of children and adolescents above the age of 7 can refer to the Chinese health industry standard "7-year-old-18-year-old children and adolescent high waist screen screening" (WS/T611-2018), children’s waist circumference ≥ P90 of children with the same gender waist circumferenceAs a high -waisted screening world, it is prompted that children may have heart obese.
What are the harm of children’s obesity?
Changes in bone age are closely related to estrogen. Obesity may have the risk of excessive secretion of estrogen, which leads to acceleration of bone age, which may eventually affect the height of the adult.
2. Early development of adolescence
At present, the incidence of puberty in children is very high, especially the age of girls’ development is more obvious, which is closely related to obesity.
3. Increase the risk of illness
Medium to severe obesity allows children to have "adult chronic diseases" in traditional concepts such as hypertension, abnormal blood lipids, hyperglycemia, high uric acid, fatty liver and other traditional concepts.
4. Psychological problems
Children with obesity cause psychological problems are common.Obese children are unconfident, inferiority, do not like interpersonal communication and outdoor sports, are afraid of being laughing, too worried about their image.At the same time, there will also be problems such as abnormal behavior, personality defects, and difficulty in communication, which will increase with the degree and duration of obesity.
How should children’s obesity be prevented?
Once obesity is formed, intervention treatment is extremely difficult.Children’s obesity intervention is heavy in early prevention, cultivating healthy diet and sports habits during infants and young children, related health education and sports activities in kindergartens and schools, starting from establishing a healthy lifestyle.
1. Start from early life to prevent
It is recommended that mothers pay attention to reasonable diet and scientific nutrition from pregnancy to prevent excess nutrition during pregnancy.The proportion of nutritional composition of breast milk is more reasonable. Breastfeeding itself can also regulate the intake of infant breast milk to achieve energy balance, which is conducive to controlling the occurrence of long -term obesity.
2. Cultivate good eating habits
The purpose of diet control is not diet, but to cultivate good eating habits, and the correct way of diet will reduce weight.Family diet is recommended for low energy, low fat, appropriate amount of high -quality protein and whole grains.Increase the proportion of fresh vegetables and fruits in diet.Children should also try to avoid ingesting sugary drinks and too much snacks and snacks.
3. Enhance physical exercise
Formulate a reasonable and sustainable exercise solution to cultivate children’s living habits.Guide to the Chinese C first Physical Activity (2021) and the World Health Organization’s recommendation in physical activity, sitting behavior and sleep guide:
(1) Children under 6 years of age do at least 180 minutes of physical activity every day, and encourage more outdoor activities (such as outdoor walking, playing, running, jumping, etc., distributed throughout the day, more than better), each static behavior time (Such as operating mobile phones, computers, tablets, reading newspapers, TVs, drawing, playing toys, playing instrumental music, etc.) or limited time (for example, on the back of the caregiver/stroller, high chair, binding on the back of the caregiver)No more than 1 hour.
(2) Children and adolescents 6 years old and above are at least 60 minutes of medium and high -intensity body activities per day (such as fast walking, cycling, running, playing, skipping rope, swimming, dancing, etc., which can make children fever and breathe in shortness of breath)At least 3 days a week arranged activities to enhance muscle strength and strong bone health activities. Each static behavior lasted no more than 1 hour, and the daily screen time was less than 2 hours.
4. Pay attention to children’s physical growth monitoring
Children’s conventional health examinations are generally at least 4 times in infants (at the age of 3, 6, August, and December, respectively, respectively at least once every half a year, and at least once a year at least once a year.Parents can appropriately increase the frequency of health inspections according to children’s health and family conditions.It is recommended that parents learn the BMI calculation method to monitor the growth trend of children’s height, weight, and BMI in the growth monitoring diagram (table). Especially for children with too fast weight growth and overweight obeseMonitor the weight and length (height) every 1 to 3 months.
Source: China Disease Control Center
Process editor: TF022